FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MIRACLE MILE ART WALK
Saturday, June 21, 1-5pm
MID CITY WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Contact: Rebecca Ver Straten-McSparran
323.965.2705, fax 323.965.2705
Web site, http://www.midcitywest.org
G. Wahl, “The Traveler” mixed media on canvas, 24 x 18 inches.
Courtesy of Voila Gallery.
Miracle Mile Art Walk Gives Neighbors an Opportunity to View More Than Forty Stellar Galleries
Citywide Collectors, Patrons, Community Members to Experience Neighborhood Arts Community monthly
More than 40 art galleries and art museums participate in Miracle Mile Art Walk held on the third Saturday of each month in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles. Each month now features a specific group of galleries. June galleries include over 20 galleries on La Brea Avenue and Beverly Boulevard.
Reception and Artist Lecture: The June host gallery is Voila! Gallery, located at 518 North La Brea Avenue. An artist lecture and opening reception will be held at 2 p.m. Food for the reception is generously donated by Sante La Brea, a La Brea restaurant offering natural world cuisine. Balloons will identify the gallery.
Free guided tour: A special tour of four galleries is available. The tour will begin at the host gallery, Voila! Gallery, with the reception at 2:00 p.m. There will be an introduction to each gallery and exhibit. Some artists will be present. Transportation will be provided by the Holly Trolley.
The Holly Trolley shuttle, courtesy of Councilmen Tom LaBonge and Jack Weiss, will make a continuous loop stopping near galleries (look for balloons for trolley stops), beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the 170 N. La Brea galleries.
A map of the galleries and bus stops will be available at each gallery and online at http://www.midcitywest.org.
Miracle Mile Art Walk is organized by the Arts & Recreation Committee of the Mid City WEST Community Council which promotes and supports the visual and performing arts & recreational venues by identifying the participating organizations, supporting their community outreach, and ensuring their long term viability as stakeholders.
Contact: Rebecca Ver Straten-McSparran, 323.965.2705 x4644
LA BREA/BEVERLY BLVD. GALLERIES
1. Merry Karnowsky Gallery 170 S. La Brea Ave.
2. Alitash Kebede Gallery 170 S. La Brea Ave.
3. Iturralde Gallery 116 S. La Brea Ave.
4. Fahey/Klein Gallery 148 N. La Brea Ave.
5. DNJ Gallery 154 1/2 N. La Brea Ave.
6. Verve Gallery 156 N. La Brea Ave.
7. Jan Kesner Gallery 164 N. La Brea Ave.
8. Couturier Gallery 166 N. La Brea Ave.
9. Voila! Gallery 518 N. La Brea Ave. (Host)
10. Jack Rutberg Fine Arts 357 N. La Brea Ave.
11. Tobey C. Moss Gallery 7321 Beverly Blvd.
12. Forum Gallery 8069 Beverly Blvd.
13. Michael Kohn 8071 Beverly Blvd.
14. DF2 Gallery 314 N. Crescent Heights Blvd.
15. Richard Telles Gallery 7380 Beverly Blvd.
16. Stephen Cohen Gallery 7358 Beverly Blvd.
17. Photographers Gallery 145A N. La Brea Blvd.
18. Silk Roads Gallery 145 N. La Brea Ave.
19. Perrell Fine Art 145 N. La Brea Ave.
20. The Loft at Liz’s 453 S. La Brea
*Some galleries may be closed due to scheduling conflicts.