FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE



The Art Museum Council of LACMA is pleased to announce a group show featuring four intriguing California artists.
Domenico Foschi
Gus Harper
Helen Youngblood
Victor Zubeldia
January 11 – February 21, 2008
The public is invited to the opening reception on Friday, January 11, 6:30–8:30 pm
Refreshments will be served and admission is free.

ART RENTAL & SALES GALLERY
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Lower Level, Leo S. Bing Center
5905 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90036-9938
Phone:  323 857-6500
Fax:  323 857-6056
Email: arsg@live.com
Web site:  http://www.lacma.org/info/arsg.aspx
The Gallery is open during regular museum hours



Domenico Foschi uses brass lenses dating back to the 1860s to create mood and mysterious imagery in his photographs of Italian architecture and the countryside. Gus Harper explores a more introspective and thoughtful aspect in Poetics, a new body of work that expresses the female form. Using pencil, oil crayon, and acrylic on canvas, Helen Youngblood creates an explosion of color and energy in her abstract compositions. Victor Zubeldia’s paintings explore the human form and are visual reflections of a world of questions and contradictions.

Domenico Foschi:  http://www.dfoschisite.com
Gus Harper:  http://www.gusharperart.com
Helen Youngblood:  http://www.helenyoungblood.com
Victor Zubeldia:  http://www.victorzubeldia.com

The Art Rental & Sales Gallery maintains an exhibition space located on the lower level of the Bing Building at LACMA. Six shows are held throughout the year to introduce new and upcoming artists.  All artwork is available for purchase or rental. The Rental Program is available exclusively to LACMA members; although non-members may purchase art. The gallery is managed by members of LACMA’s Art Museum Council, a volunteer support group. Funds raised by the Council support acquisitions and exhibitions at LACMA. Rentals and purchases can be made through the Art Rental & Sales Gallery at the show or during office hours, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 11 am–4 pm. For more information on the exhibition, gallery, or the Art Museum Council, please call 323 857-6500.

Regular museum hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, noon–8 pm; Friday, noon–9 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 11 am–8 pm. The museum is closed on Wednesdays.

Art is rented for a three-month period, and may be returned or renewed at the conclusion of any rental period. The artist receives 60% of the rental or sales fee, and the remaining 40% is retained by the Art Rental & Sales Gallery. Should a renter choose to acquire the artwork, 60% of the paid rental fees will apply toward the purchase.  Monthly rental fees range from $17 to $365 plus tax.

The Corporate Program offers LACMA members the opportunity to meet with an Art Rental & Sales Gallery consultant, on a complimentary basis, for selection and placement of art in the workplace.  A six-month minimum rental is required.  Should the renter choose to purchase the art, 60% of the rental fees will be applied toward the purchase.

Founded in 1952, the Art Museum Council is LACMA’s oldest support organization. Over the years the AMC has contributed more than $8 million towards the purchase of over 100 works of art, and to help underwrite major exhibitions. Additional fundraising activities include the Los Angeles Art Show Opening Night Gala, the Art & Architecture Tour, Wet Paint–Sunday in the Park with Art and sales of the Julius Shulman Calendar.



Return to Gallery Pages